Sunday, May 6, 2012

My 1st Stumble

Every Saturday night is date night with my boyfriend, and last night was my 1st real test on WW.  

We decided to do dinner and movie.  Dinner...... gees that was HARD!!! My partner absolutely loves Chinese, and honestly this is a tough one to work out the points for (curse myself for NOT buying the Eating Out guide beforehand cause I couldn't find a lot of the dishes on my iphone WW app)

Scanning the menu, and everything I would normally have is chicken and its usually battered damn it damn it damn it!!!! Pestered the waiter when they came to take our order to make sure that I knew how my chicken dish was prepared.  I think I chose well when I picked Chicken Breast with Special Garlic sauce. Add to that a very SMALL portion of fried rice and a little bit of Beef and Vegetable combination.  I think I chose well and kept my portion sizes down BUT it was sooooooooooo hard!!! 

I knew I had a lot of points left over from the day (I worked on Saturday and only had time for breakfast, lunch was missed due to being WAY too busy at work) 

Dessert has always been my downfall.... this is where I stumbled!! I knew the points value of Fried Ice Cream (this has to be one of my fav desserts) and I caved..... It was so good!! BUT alas after eating, guilt set in...... All I thought about for the rest of the night was the fried ice cream.

Movies.......well I kept telling myself before that I didn't need to eat anything whilst at the movies. I had decided that I'll have a bottle of water, well I caved again and had a handful of Maltesers.  I knew that I had my 49 bonus points which I have not touched any of since I started at WW but I like knowing I don't need them. More guilt sank in.....

GUILT GUILT GUILT GUILT hung over my head all night.  I enjoyed the movie but every time I spied the Maltesers packet next to me that my partner had finished, guilt came back!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh go away!!



I tracked all my points for the day and realised that I am under my points for the day but I know that some of the choices I have made were not the best choices but I look at it like WW is a lifestyle change not a diet so I need to be able to go out and enjoy myself and have foods that I like but they have to be SOMETIME foods, not every day foods like they use to be.

Today is a new day and I have planned to have a light points day and going to go for an extra long walk because my 2nd weigh in is tomorrow!!

Today is a new day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment